“Mobile phone” is now everyone need. On average, an Indian spend 130mins on a mobile phone daily according to Nielsen India survey 2018. This time may vary from person to person according to their age and preferences and especially his/her mobile phone range. If they are using a mobile phone between 5000-7000 INR, this time may be low compared with Nielson India survey time which is 130 mins. If they are using a mobile phone between 8000-150000 INR, this survey average time sometimes equal and sometimes more too. If they are using a phone which is a top-end model, so undoubtedly they spend more than 130 minutes, it may 140-160 minutes per day. Here, the cost of the mobile phone decides the average time spend on it. So, that much of importance is given to cost, because more costly mobile gives best and top options and high experience to the user. A medium/low-cost mobile won’t give that many options as compared with high-end mobile features. Also Read: Control Various Devices from Mobile
In this article, am highlighting a few points which decide the cost of the mobile phone.
There are multiple companies that manufacture mobile processors. The most trusted mobile processor companies are Qualcomm, HiSilicon (Kirin processors), Samsung (Exynos Processors), Media Tek.
1. Qualcomm Processors
Day by day these company processors are getting more trust through mobile phones, because in the mid range and high range mobiles these are giving the best performance.
The different mobile processors in Qualcomm are:
Snapdragon S1 series, Snapdragon S2 series, Snapdragon S3 series, Snapdragon S4 series, Snapdragon 200 series, Snapdragon 400 series, Snapdragon 600 series, Snapdragon 700 series, Snapdragon 800 series,
These are the processors are from initial stage of mobiles to till 2016, upto 2016 these were used. Later depending on communications technology especially 4G (VOLTE, LTE) these are not supportive, so now these can be replaced by the advanced processors. i.e., 400,600,700,800 series processors.
Snapdragon 400 series: In this series 410,412,415,425,427,430,435,429,439,450 are famous processors in this series.
- These support LTE i.e. 4G (Long Term Evaluation) by this technology the speed of communication is very fast compared with other communication technologies i.e., 2G,3G.
- These processors having a clock speed of 1.2GHz-1.8GHz. So obviously these processors based mobiles perform fast.
- Also inbuilt Graphics card Adreno 305,306,504,505,506, which supports high resolution games.
- Qualcomm SD 400 series mobiles are
- Samsung-GalaxyJ8, J6plus, A6plus, J4plus, ON 8.
- Vivo-V9 Youth, Y95, Y71i, Y71, V7, Y53.
- Motorola- Moto E5, Moto E5 plus, Moto G5.
- Oppo- A3s, A7, A5, A37, A57.
- Realme-C1, Realme2.
- Honor-7A, 7C,
- These mobile phones range up to 12000INR.
Snapdragon 600 series: In this series 625,626,630,636,660 are famous processors in this series.
- These support advanced versions of 4G i.e., high-speed data communications up to 600 Mbit/s of download.
- Supports quick charge. We can charge mobile fully within 40-50mins. It varies with mobiles.
- Supports camera up to 24MP rear and 13 MP front view.
- Qualcomm SD 600 series mobiles are
- Samsung-Galaxy A8 star, Galaxy A9, Galaxy A6s, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A9 Star.
- Vivo-V11 pro,V9,V9pro, X21,X11.
- Motorola-X4,G5s,G5s plus,G6 plus.
- Oppo- R17,F3 plus.
- Realme- Realme 2 pro
Compare with the snapdragon 700 processor, 800 series processors are using. They are offering more features with the same price range. Also read: How to Verify on Twitter?
Snapdragon 800 series: In this series 845 is the best processor compare with the other.
Because-It’s based on 10nm technology, supports 4K ultra video recording, supports 240fps in 1080p and 40fps in 720p of Slow motion video recording mode, supports Qualcomm quick charge option.
This SD 845 processor mobiles are high range mobiles, will get around 18000-25000INR. Only a few are there like:
- Poco f1,Vivo nex, Oneplus 6T (36000INR), Samsung Galaxy S9+, Xiomi mi 8, Oppo find X.
2. HiSilicon Processors
These are very familiar with Kirin processors. Famous Kirin processor series are 620, 659, 710, and 970.
- Kirin 620 processor- based on 28nm technology, Mali 450, data speed up to 150Mbits/s.
- Kirin 659 processor- based on 16nm technology, Mali T830, data speed up to 300Mbits/s.
- Kirin 710 processor- based on 12nm technology, Mali G51, data speed up to 600Mbits/s.
- Kirin 970 processor- based on 10nm technology, Mali G72, data speed more than 600Mbits/s.
- Kirin 970 processor mobile phones are: Huawei P20, Huawei P20 pro, Huawei nova 4, Huawei Honor Play.(all these are around 20000INR)
- Kirin 710 processor mobile phones: Honor 8x (15000INR)
- Kirin 659 processor mobile phones: Honor 7x(13000INR)
3. MediaTek Processors
The best thing in the MediaTek is there are various price ranges it means these processors are best suitable for mid range and high range mobiles. The famous MediaTek processors are MediaTek Helio p22, MediaTek Helio p60; MediaTek Helio p70 processors are very famous.
- MediaTek Helio p22- Designed on 12nm technology, Clock frequency 2GHz, Supports maximum RAM 6 GB and graphics card PowerVR GE 8320.
- MediaTek Helio p60- Designed on 12nm technology, Clock frequency 2GHz, Supports maximum RAM 8 GB and graphics card Mali-G72.
- MediaTek Helio p70- Designed on 12nm technology, Clock frequency 2.1GHz, Supports maximum RAM 8 GB and graphics card Mali-G72.
- MediaTek Helio p22 based best mobile phones- Vivo Y93 (around 14000INR)
- MediaTek Helio p60 based best mobile phones- Vivo v11i, Vivo v11, Oppo F9, Oppo F9 pro, Realme 1. (All are around 19000INR)
- MediaTek Helio p70 based best mobile phones-Realme U1 (around 14000INR)
Final Verdict: MediaTek, HiSilicon, Qualcomm Company processors are best suitable for mid-range and high-range mobile phones in all aspects like features, cost, and performance. And the cost of the mobile phone also depends on the mobile processor.